News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Quiz: How far are you from its home town?

Started by JorgeAmely, June 09, 2009, 12:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Furley

Yes, nice 'phone, and nice restoration job you've done on it.  I'ts on my list of 'American 'phones that I don't have' which I posted last week, and probably the one that I'd most like to find, but they seem to be rare so I think  may be out of luck.  I think it's actually the best looking of all the 'modern', i.e. '50s and '60s standard desk-set telephones, i.e. the We 500, AE 80, SC 1543, Leich 105, GPO 706 and 746 etc.

I've never actually seen one, only a few pictures.

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Dan/Panther

Jorge;
Excellent work on the Galion, very impressive. That's not a bad price for the NE Galion, at ericofon.
I was going to guess galion originally, but thought it was farther east than you stated.
I should have stuck with my first gut instinct.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Jorge, I dunno how you do it.  I'm just completely impressed.  Just wow-ed.
- Tom

JorgeAmely

Tom:

It is a very simple formula: time and patience.

Time I get from not watching too much TV, patience after raising four cats, two kids and a wife.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS: It helps if you don't take yourself too seriously.
Jorge

AET

Well, I'm told I have the patience of a saint.  And I don't take myself too seriously, I make myself the butt of most every joke.  But I still don't think I'll ever acheive this greatness.
- Tom

Dan

Jorge, I know how to raise kids, but how do you RAISE a wife? ::) Mine thinks she's the boss.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jester

I bet you ask her opinion, Dan, SHE KNOWS SHE IS!!!! :o ::)
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Dan, that's OK, what you don't know doesn't hurt you. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Dan

I know, I hand her the paycheck. She mat have a Swiss Bank account somewhere with a different name....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Greg G.

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 09, 2009, 12:38:14 AM
In my case, 2323 miles.

What about you?

The straight line distance between Seattle and Tokyo is approximately 4785 miles or 7700 kilometers.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

I guess Holland is even farther.  Not sure of the actual town where Heemaf is, I took a guess based on the address on their website:  http://www.heemaf.nl

The straight line distance between Seattle and Twenthe is approximately 4921 miles or 7920 kilometers.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

Briny; Heemaf is/was in the city of Hengelo, The Netherlands (Holland).

Okay; how far is it from Mendocino, California to Milano, Italy?

-Matt

Stephen Furley

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 09, 2009, 02:57:36 PM
Stephen:

Check this out! 20% off this month and they ship overseas:

http://www.ericofon.com/catalog/classic2/ne540.htm

It's very tempting, but there's no way I can afford it, plus the postage and the tax, at the moment.  I don't know what it is, but there's something about that 'phone that looks very smart.

There's something that puzzles me though; that site calls it both a 540, and a 541, and I've also seen both numbers used elsewhere.  Were there two different, but very similar, modles or did two different people make the same mistake?

Greg G.

Quote from: HobieSport on June 10, 2009, 07:04:32 PM
Briny; Heemaf is/was in the city of Hengelo, The Netherlands (Holland).

Okay; how far is it from Mendocino, California to Milano, Italy?

5880 miles.  I used this website to get the distance:  http://tinyurl.com/ns3r6r
- Mike Row
e