News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

7C Dial - How to Remove Fingerwheel / Number Card Retainer

Started by bwanna, December 25, 2009, 01:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

please....how do i get the dial card retainer ring off of a 7c dial!!!!    gotta get this last present wrapped!!   
donna

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
Doesn't it come off by turning finger wheel clockwise as far as it will go, inserting paper clip into hole between 9 and 10 then push, and continue with clockwise pressure.
To replace put 10 finger hole at 9 position, push onto center, and roate counterclockwise until it snaps in place.

Or is it the one where you push the tab at the 12 o'clock position and lift it off the dial.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

i don't know dan.....let me check it out   there is a tiny hole between the 9&0. i am in a panic here :o
donna

LarryInMichigan

Doesn't a 7c dial have a metal finger wheel?  The center ring is removed my squeezing the tab at the 12 o'clock position on the back of the ring so that it will come out of the slot in the wheel.

Larry

Dan/Panther

Larry;
I wrote both methods, as I don't have a dial in front of me right now.
D/P

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
Make sure you rotate the wheel as far as it will go clockwise, then insert the paper clip, while maintaining clockwise pressure, push the paper clip  and continue to turn the dial clockwise. It should then lift off.
D/P

bwanna

it is clear retainer ring..am i supposed to feel something release when i insert the paper clip?
thanks guys
donna

Dan/Panther

You will feel a slight springy action while pushing down, while maintaining clockwise pressure, it should rotate a little further then lift off.
D/P

bwanna

SUCCESS!!!!    hopefully i can get it back on.   THANKYOU, DAN... i didn't see you online when i posted.  hope you are having a nice day!
donna

bwanna

mission accomplished!!! thanks for saving the day dan   :D
donna

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
Much easier to replace, place the 10 finger hole over the number 9, while dial is in static position, you will feel it settle into a groove, then while pushing in slightly, rotate the dial counterclockwise. Rotate the dial by holding from the outside edge, not by using finger hole.

Enjoying my day.........My gift was crock though.
What I mean is, my Mom got me a Crock Pot, that I need for cooking. :o
D/P

Dan/Panther

Quote from: bwanna on December 25, 2009, 02:20:55 PM
mission accomplished!!! thanks for saving the day dan   :D

Donna;
you are, as always, quite welcome.
D/P

Dan/Panther

When you think about it. It's quite amazing that someone in California, can assist someone in Michigan, in almost real times, and never hear there voice or see there face.
D/P
Well it amazes me anyhow.... ::)

Dennis Markham

Dan, glad you were able to put that fire out!  Donna sounded like she was in dire straights.  The internet is an amazing thing, isn't it?  Not only from California to Michigan, but greetings from the UK and Norway and points from all over the globe!

Dan/Panther

The internet is both a blessing and a curse.
I can do things now that 15 years ago were almost impossible because of scattered information and resources, now it opens up so many doors, I hardly have time to do all that I want to.
D/P