News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

my $15 302

Started by Kenny C, September 04, 2010, 04:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

The man wanted 25 i said "15 it needs work on the cords"re-spading ::)" he said fine and i walked away with a mixed dates 302 . it has a 5H dial rubber cords (in great shape for 59 years old and still very useable). Looks like it lived out its days in a saw mill for cedar. cant wait to get started.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

the dial is great no oiling nessicary also got alot of other stuff will be posted later ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Gary

Nice price!  Can't wait for my next find.

Kenny C

has any one noticed this about 302 lift's this one appears black but when you hold it to the light it is red the first photo shows the closest  i could get to the actual photo and the second shows the transparency
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

I've never noticed that.  That's pretty interesting.

= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on September 04, 2010, 04:25:15 PM
The man wanted 25 i said "15 it needs work on the cords"re-spading ::)" he said fine and i walked away with a mixed dates 302 . it has a 5H dial rubber cords (in great shape for 59 years old and still very useable). Looks like it lived out its days in a saw mill for cedar. cant wait to get started.

Those are the kind of buys I live for, next to nothing for a good phone.  Looks like you could pretty much blow the dust off, wipe it down and you're good to go.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

KeithB

Great find for a great price, Kenny!!  That ought to clean up VERY nicely!

Kenny C

the finger wheel is STEEL  not aluminum and is 3 times as heavy. so far i have cleaned the plate and i am sanding the finger wheel (going all out on this one) :D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

my case looks like a pearl when i took it out of the dishliquid and water will this just go away?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

Yes, that goes away as it dries.  It's an strange thing to see, but it's completely temporary.
= DARRIN =

Kenny C

here is the semi finished case and the dial

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Great find!  15 clams for a 302 is a deal on any day.  And you are doing a nice clean up as well.  The odd color of the lift when held to a light is curious, does anyone know why this is so?

baldopeacock

There's been previous discussion of "Indigo" 302s.   This resembles the translucent purple-ish that I think was mentioned in that discussion.   Has Kenny found something here?   Or, do all black thermoplastic 302s do what this one does when back-lit, as Kenny has shown in his photos?

Kenny C

my 1952 has straight black no see through looking in to 1948 report back later
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010