News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Cradle Surgery

Started by LarryInMichigan, November 28, 2011, 08:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

This phone: http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-phone-1953-/170738205237, or maybe others like it keep appearing on ebay.  I had been wondering how an AE type 81 handset could fit into the cradle, and now I know.

Larry

Greg G.

Here's the pics:

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Well, the seller did say the phone had some "ware" and that "the plastic on both front horns of the cradle are worn through." Duh!  :-\  Yeah, with a coarse saw blade.

I've noticed quite a few sellers who list phones don't have a clue about what they have, its condition or how to sell it.

So, you throw your dice (bid) and take a chance. Sometimes you get burned; sometimes you hit the jackpot.

GG

Owww!, painful!  Those front ears are now so thin that they could easily break off.

IMHO that poor 302 is usable for parts or conversion to a 5302, and save the AE handset for an 80 that's missing one. 

Also IMHO the 302 base, minus its F1 handset and not butchered like that, would be worth more than a butchered 302 with an AE 810 handset.  Sellers should never never attempt that kind of "modification" just to get a "complete" phone. 

TelePlay

It's a bit pricey for parts which seems to be the handset and dial. The base has a network and could have been converted into a subset but it looks like the ringer has been removed. Could have started the auction at $1.