News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

102 B1 w/534a subset issues

Started by Texas1880, April 19, 2019, 11:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas1880

Working on my b1. New oldphoneworks cords. Wired it up, subset rings great, but when picked up it doesn't stop. Well, the subset stops ringing, but I hear the distorted ringtone in the receiver.  I cannot hear any sidetone in the set. No dial tone in the receiver when picked up from hook switch. Won't dial. I triple checked the wiring. I had the black wire removed, still nothing. Am I missing something obvious?

Texas1880

Oh and the subset worked fine with my d1 202, rang, dialed, the whole 9

RB

Wow! that is a small phone!
A B1, is it? may need to find one of those for a project.
Your hook switch blades look bent???
also, chk the dial contacts

Texas1880

Found the issue. Must be the transmitter is shot. When I hooked up my other E1 handset, the B1 works fine. First three photos are of older,9 line E1, which has a bad transmitter. Bottom pic is the E1 that works

Texas1880

Weird. When I swapped transmitters still didn't work. Could be bad receiver too?

Texas1880

Wow. Both receiver and transmitter are bad. When I swapped both with my other E1, the old 9 line handset works. Now I need both parts

poplar1

Both your transmitters are stamped 625A, which means they contain the newer capsule type F1 transmitter units inside. The F1 transmitter unit is the same one used in F-type handsets and is readily available.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.