News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for a Kellogg Type #84 hook switch actuator shaft

Started by TelePlay, November 19, 2017, 05:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

I have a complete Kellogg manual stick that is missing the actuator shaft. This is the part that connects the hook shaft to the hook switch.

The hook is stamped #84. I have diagrams for the type #28, #83 and #85 sticks and they show a different set up for the actuator shaft.

The #84 has a chain like link that attaches to the actuator shaft on one end and the other end has a short, square shaft connected to the hook switch spring leaf and the chain link with a screw which pivots the square shaft and the roller against the spring leaf to open the contacts when going off hook.

The Type #28,83.85 actuator shaft has a roller on the end which attaches to the spring leaf directly. The Type #84 has the chain link requiring an actuator shaft that has a notched end that would fit around the chain link axle, something like the cut brass flat rod shown in image #5.

Images show the missing #84 shaft next to a #28/83/85 shaft and the "chain link" part used to connect with the actuator shaft.

Pictures #3 and #4 show the Old Style #28 which is different than the New Style #28 with the actuator shaft attached. Seems Kellogg tried several different designs over time and I can not find anything about the #84 hook switch set up. The Old Style #28 does show how all of these work. When the receiver is placed on the hook, the shaft moves to the other side of the column making the shafts straight and moving the switch about 1/4" to break the contacts.

I can not figure out the design, angle or length of this actuator shaft. If anyone has a diagram of a Type #84 or actually has a stick just like this and would be so kind as to open it up and take a side and front picture of the shaft with a ruler next to it so I could make one, that would be great.

Looking for the piece that would be in the white circle in the first image.

Reply or PM me if you have information. I've been working on this for about 3 months now and at a dead end.