News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KS-16765 L2 Announcement Set

Started by Dave F, August 31, 2015, 01:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

I recently came upon a W.E. KS-16765 L2 Announcement Set (unfortunately missing the front cover).  This is a very nice drum-style recorder commonly used in central offices for delivering intercept recordings.  As you would expect of any item used within the Bell System, this unit is built like a tank.

The relevant BSPs, 514-210-100 and 514-210-200, are located in the Station Specialties Service Manual, and can also be found in the TCI library.  Surprisingly, these BSPs do not contain connection info.  They only reference other related BSPs which appear to be currently unavailable.

The schematics and other technical info are contained in SD-95283 and CD-95283.  So far, I haven't been able to dig up either of these documents (which are not in the TCI library.)  If anybody knows where these documents may be hiding, please let me know.

DF

G-Man

This unit was used not only in central offices, but for other applications as well.It's not an uncommon item so making a request on the TCI listserve may result in one of their members scanning those documents for you.

G-Man

Quote from: G-Man on August 31, 2015, 04:07:39 PM
This unit was used not only in central offices, but for other applications as well.It's not an uncommon item so making a request on the TCI listserve may result in one of their members scanning those documents for you.

I just searched the TCI listserve archives and it appears that a member parted one of these out and offered the components free of charge. Perhaps he still has the cover.

Dave F

Quote from: G-Man on August 31, 2015, 04:11:24 PM
Quote from: G-Man on August 31, 2015, 04:07:39 PM

I just searched the TCI listserve archives and it appears that a member parted one of these out and offered the components free of charge. Perhaps he still has the cover.

Thanks for the info.  I have not participated in the TCI listserv.  If anybody on this forum is able to find me a cover or the SD/CD, I sure would be grateful.

DF