"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 500 volume?

Started by Smooth765, December 07, 2008, 11:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth765

Can you ajust the WE 500's volume
Not the ringer volume, the actual part you talk in to.
Meaning, so you can hear people talking better?
Or is it loud enough?
Thanks.
Rotary phones are the greatest!

BDM

Quote from: Smooth765 on December 07, 2008, 11:40:40 AM
Can you ajust the WE 500's volume
Not the ringer volume, the actual part you talk in to.
Meaning, so you can hear people talking better?
Or is it loud enough?
Thanks.

Not sure if it's loud enough. But there is no way I know of without building your own booster circuit. Compare it to another to determine if you have a problem with your network or not. Make sure the phone is properly wired internally also.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Smooth765

Would something like this work for recording calls with the WE 500?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123175
And, do you need a recorder with remote jacks or can you just start the recorder yourelf?
Thanks.

McHeath

I think the device you reference at Radio Shack is only for starting and stopping a recorder, which you would have to attach to it. 

Smooth765

Yes, I would plug the devices mic plug into a mic jack on the recorder, the device, through the mic jack would record.  It's not the recorder that is picking up a call, it's the actual device that is picking up the call because of the mic plug that is plugged into the mic jack on the recorder. All the recorder would do is record. I don't mean to sound rude, just trying to help point out.  Would this work for a rotary phone?  Thanks!!!!!

bingster

Whatever works on a touch-tone phone should also work on a rotary phone.  They're really no different internally, they just have different types of dials.
= DARRIN =