News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

European Phones - not very well documented?

Started by Gravityisahat, June 27, 2018, 04:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravityisahat

Does anyone know of any dedicated sites that cover vintage European phone systems? I don't want to appear like an ignorant Anglophile that expects the whole world to speak English, instead I am a very random collector of nice looking old phones and switchboards but I am only satisfied if I get the item to work. As a consequence I am often in need of a circuit diagram or explanation even if the only option is in a language I am unfamiliar with. In particular I like French, German, Belgium and Scandinavian equipment. I also like American stuff, which is very well documented, but the postage costs are ususally prohibitive. I am based in the UK which also has very well documented collector resources. Of course one of the limitations in not knowing the right search terms in the appropriate language. A glossary of telecommunication terms in a range of European languages would be really useful.

TelePlay

Haf

If it comes to German phones I can highly recommend this forum:

http://www.wasser.de/telefon-alt/forum/index.pl

In German, but if you have questions and ask in English, you will be helped too I guess.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

I understand this problem, and when I discover documentation I can not find here on this forum, I try to post it here.

I will hereby ask everybody to please post it under :
Classic Rotary Phones Forum »Telephone Identification, Repair & Restoration »Telephone Wiring Diagram

If you do not know where it belongs, post it and ask for help, the moderators or other members will help to get it right.   ;)

dsk

HarrySmith

I was checking out a post about wounding yourself working on phones and there was a link to a website with a ton of info on UK phones. Here it is:
http://www.britishtelephones.com/homepage.htm
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"