News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thank you, Brinybay

Started by dc4code, July 11, 2018, 01:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

I'd like  to publicly thank Brinybay for sending me a Black WE500 and a Black WE302 Both completely working and they had there cords replaced with a modern modular jack!! :)
I love the phones SO much!! And they are in perfect condition with amazing packaging!
I never knew I'd like the sound of the WE302 ring so much!

I'm attaching pictures to this thread in a second!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

dc4code

I'd also like the thank Harry Smith for sending me a Black WE500 even if it doesn't work completely thats a good thing because I'm learning a lot with this phone!

dc4code

Pictures!! :)

dc4code

Collection so far :

1 WE302
3 WE500
2 WE2500

1 Parts phone WE2500

dc4code

When I get my own house a few years from now I am only going to use rotary phones as my main source of communication I will have 5 the max I can have on the line I will have 1 in my room 1 in the kitchen 1 in the living room 1 in the basement (assuming I move to somewhere other then Florida) 1 in the garage

a mix of WE302 and WE500 I will keep it time specific of 1955

Then in my garage will be my whole collection and where I work on repairing them :)

Jim Stettler

Quote from: dc4code on July 11, 2018, 01:38:45 PM
When I get my own house a few years from now I am only going to use rotary phones as my main source of communication I will have 5 the max I can have on the line I will have 1 in my room 1 in the kitchen 1 in the living room 1 in the basement (assuming I move to somewhere other then Florida) 1 in the garage

a mix of WE302 and WE500 I will keep it time specific of 1955

Then in my garage will be my whole collection and where I work on repairing them :)

You can only have 5 ringers hooked up. You can add more than 5 phones, you just need to disconnect the ringers.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dc4code

Quote from: Jim S. on July 11, 2018, 03:11:34 PM
You can only have 5 ringers hooked up. You can add more than 5 phones, you just need to disconnect the ringers.
Jim S.

Is that something they did back then?

RB

yes, and no...
back in the day, you only got one phone :)
the ringer unhook, was prob done by the homeowner. not sure

HarrySmith

You are welcome! I am always happy to help out a fellow collector, especially a young person just starting out. All of us old farts here need to get some younger people involved to keep this hobby going!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: dc4code on July 11, 2018, 03:41:29 PM
Is that something they did back then?
Back then, they could run a line check to see how many telephones (ringers) were connected. If the number didn't match what you were paying for, then the "Phone Cops" might come by.

Most old phones that you find with a disconnected  or missing ringer, were probably done by the homeowner so they could run an unauthorized extension.

I supplied  a few friends and family with unauthorized extensions.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dc4code

Quote from: Jim S. on July 11, 2018, 05:38:55 PM
Back then, they could run a line check to see how many telephones (ringers) were connected. If the number didn't match what you were paying for, then the "Phone Cops" might come by.

Most old phones that you find with a disconnected  or missing ringer, were probably done by the homeowner so they could run an unauthorized extension.

I supplied  a few friends and family with unauthorized extensions.
JMO,
Jim S.

Lol

Zombie Dave

I love this forum. So much information. Now that I have a computer I can be more active and actually comment easier. I think I have a 302 as well. Can't wait to hear it ring as well. I need the line end though. Great collection!