"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

And another GPO 232 Pyramid

Started by Matilo Telephones, October 22, 2014, 04:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Found another one!
The price was very low and it seemed in good condition. (And they also had a good Ericsson type 1951 wall phone, so 2 phones for 1 shipment). 25 euro for the both of them, with 6.,95 shipment. So 17 euros for this phone. :-)

In even better condition than the other one. But this one has its line cord missing.

Very intrigueing dial label. Any insights, anyone?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

Arwin,

That is a great find and quite a bargain!   I think that they usually sell for much more even in the UK.  I paid about $50 for mine from a seller in the USA, and I thought that I got a great deal.

Larry

david@london

arwin -

referring to the london exchange name list posted by owain, ALBert dock is shown as belonging to the plaistow + canning town area (east london.)
you may find more information by searching for 'royal albert dock.'

Matilo Telephones

Thanks David. There is also an Albert Dock in Liverpool. That is confusing.

Also, why is there extention written on the label?

I took the label out. There was some lettering above the word Albert Dock, stating generic emergency number. That writing has virtually disappeared.

Next to the word extention is a small pencil line, that may be the number one. Extention 1? The writing is in an odd place and almost under the retaining ring.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

twocvbloke

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 22, 2014, 05:28:22 PMI think that they usually sell for much more even in the UK.

They certainly do, usually into the triple-digits depending on condition, so it's quite a bargain indeed... :)

As for the extension part, it could have been used in a place of business or a large house that had a PBX, so for someone to call directly to you you tell them to dial the telephone number then ask whoever answers for the extension printed on the dial card, still happens today but some systems allow a direct-dial from the caller's end... :)