News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Santa....Bring me a Phone for Christmas

Started by Doug Rose, December 23, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Santa I have been exceptionally good....really good...kinda good.....well not that bad,  so please put a phone under my tree. But not just any phone!

If that doesn't work, let's have a little fun...list your top three on your Want List. Yes you do, we all have Want Lists.

Pictures are helpful to everyone (me) who can't remember the numbers that associate with the phones.

My top three:

1 Strowger Candlestick    (I have the booze bottle version that is actually quite good).

2 WE Manual A1

3 North Space Saver

Well it is a Wish List!!!

Merry Christmas....Doug

Kidphone

unbeldi

59 years ago, the Bell System had one answer to this:

[Bell System ad 8 Dec 1956; photo of original copy, sorry for the shading]

WEBellSystemChristian

I tried this last year--everyone simply said they didn't want anything, and just wanted everyone to have a Merry Christmas. It made me feel bad... :-\

I'll list my top three...

1) Mahogany Brown 500.

2) 1950 500. I know I may never get a complete one, but I wouldn't mind one with at least a clean base and original equalizer.

3) Another Mushroom. (In any color except Pink)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

DavePEI

Any Mushroom - we just don't find them here in PEI! Searched for years!

And a correct Chime for the NE Code Call unit which has now been picked up in Ontario, and will arrive here on the Island just after New Years with Robert Guth..
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dennis Markham

I'm still looking to complete my soft plastic Western Electric 554 collection.  That means Santa has to bring me an Oxford Gray 554....or tell me where one is for sale. :)

~Dennis

NorthernElectric

All I want for Christmas is a N50AL parts phone.  I don't care what shape it's in overall as long as it has the parts that mine is missing in decent shape.  Maybe a box full of NOS cloth receiver and mounting cords in green, brown, and black so I can finish off all my sticks over the winter.

After that, surprise me Santa.  Apart from the short list of phones that I do have, there's lots that I like that I don't have.

I think I've been a good boy this year but I know there is always room for improvement and will try to do better next year.

;D
Cliff

paul-f

My Santa List:
Mini-Princess in pink, with handle marked
BELL SYSTEM EXHIBIT
SEATTLE WORLD'S FAIR
(about 4" long)
WE Trimline cords with message waiting light (H5AD)
WE trimline handset with amplifier (2226A handset, volume control above the dial)
63D Faceplate for the Comkey 416 set with HFAI (Model 983A)

I like Cliff's "Surprise me!" request, too. Some of my favorite phones were not on a want list, as I didn't know they existed when I found them.

Of course, there's also the fantasy wish list that are real long shots - but I keep hoping.
  http://www.paul-f.com/wanted.html

Merry Christmas to all.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Buzby

My Christmas wish list:

1. A red 200 series pyramid

2. A green 200 series pyramid

3. A 705 Payphone

Not like it's going to happen, but a boy can dream!

compubit

My wish list:

1) Brown Princess phone (the only Princess color I'm now missing per Paul-F's chart)
2) White 2564/2565 phone - parts phone is fine - just need a white housing
3) Oxford Gray 500/554 - there's something about this color I'm enamored with

If Santa's being extra nice,
A small Merlin system with one of each color phone - particularly Burgundy, Navy Blue, and White...

Merry Christmas!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!