News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

234 G WE Payphone

Started by Doug Rose, September 05, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

For 100 bucks I would have dragged it home too, plus no shipping cost. I jumped at the opportunity to get my first totally incomplete, and with numerous incorrect parts three slotter. I spent countless hours with the help of some highly knowledgeable members piecing it back together as accurately as I could. It now stands as the centerpiece of my collection and gets daily use, collecting and/or returning coins as it did 70 years ago. It's the pride of the accomplishment and the preservation of history that makes me tick. Your 234 is no lemon, it needs a little love, but it's worth the effort to get going. Plus, the price was perfect.
Butch Harlow

Payphone installer

I will buy your lemon for 125.00 plus shipping. LOL Its a nice phone and I have what you need if you want to complete it. And sense its a lemon I will give you the parts for free. Jim

Partyline4

Quote from: Payphone installer on September 07, 2018, 07:46:00 PM
I will buy your lemon for 125.00 plus shipping. LOL Its a nice phone and I have what you need if you want to complete it. And sense its a lemon I will give you the parts for free. Jim

Doug, I think you found your lemonade!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Payphone installer on September 07, 2018, 07:46:00 PM
thanks Jim....I do appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Partyline4 on September 07, 2018, 04:53:39 PM
I keep my name private, but ill give you a gold star if you figure it out

No need...Don't really care. You already have an inflated sense of self. 

It's a hobby....it's supposed to be fun....Kidphone

Kidphone

FABphones

I like it  :)
For me, it's really interesting to take a look inside and follow its progress.  :D
How much does it weigh?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Partyline4

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 07, 2018, 09:10:41 PM
No need...Don't really care. You already have an inflated sense of self. 

It's a hobby....it's supposed to be fun....Kidphone

Oh, I'm having plenty of fun, Doug.

Thanks

oldguy

Doug, I'd do what Haf suggested, add a network & rewire phone. My 1st collectible phone was a WE233 with a 101A induction coil wired in. You probably have plenty 302 parts laying around.
Gary

Ktownphoneco

Doug    ....   Sent you a "PM".

Jeff

Doug Rose

Thank Jeff, Gary, Haf and Jim. I appreciate all the great input. I do want to get this guy up and running back to it's original glory.

CJ ....I do not have a scale to weigh this...my guess about 50 pounds. Janet said it was heavy  8)....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

The shipping weight of my 3 slot was 32 lbs, I remember because when I got it on the Ebay the seller didn't want to ship it for the 9.00 he listed it at. I ended up adding a few bucks.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

Kidphone

skyrider

When your in your 60s 32 pounds feels like 50 pounds.

Bill

Doug Rose

you got that right Bill.....but I am exercising doing those 12oz curls  ::)...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Those are the best kind Doug ;) :)
Gary