News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

234 G WE Payphone

Started by Doug Rose, September 05, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

I had the honor of carrying a single slot payphone up the stairs last night. Now there is a 50 plus pound phone. I was needless to say a tad winded after that. I would have dreaded installing those beasts daily. I was worried for the stairs about halfway up.
Butch Harlow

Partyline4

Quote from: Butch Harlow on September 09, 2018, 09:21:17 PM
I had the honor of carrying a single slot payphone up the stairs last night. Now there is a 50 plus pound phone. I was needless to say a tad winded after that. I would have dreaded installing those beasts daily. I was worried for the stairs about halfway up.

I had a small contract with "The Pantry" corporation here in NC - they let me go all over creation and cut down old payphones. Had a Chevrolet cavalier at the time, and I could fit one payphone with stand in the back with the seat folded down!

Beat the tar out of a few of them and got around $200 in quarters before I got tired of getting them.

Interesting to note that I had a few payphones leased out by "ets" I believe it was....Fellow promised a big return on investment, but it was all a scam...He's currently in the big barred house serving his time...

"An Atlanta man will spend the next 13 years in prison for defrauding more than 12,000 people out of $400 million in a payphone fraud scheme.

U.S. District Judge Jack T. Camp sentenced Charles E. Edwards, 67, of Atlanta, to prison on charges of wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. Edwards also was ordered to pay $320.4 million in restitution."

Still have the payphone sitting out in the woods, in the Bellsouth enclosure...

Such a fond memory..

Doug Rose

The "lemon" is a nice extension for your Man or Lady cave. Cleaned it up a bit added a coil and a condenser. The armor cord was bad as well as the G1. I added an F1.

Way too many hours in this. Special thanks to Ktown Jeff who helped my over the tough spots. Its dated 12 62. ...Doug
Kidphone

SWEET!!!

Great job Doug.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Very nice. Shame they are so darned heavy.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Ktownphoneco

Your very welcome Doug.    Anytime.    Turned out very nice, good job. 

Jeff

Partyline4

Beautiful lemon you got there Doug!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on September 18, 2018, 03:15:25 PM
Your very welcome Doug.    Anytime.    Turned out very nice, good job. 

Jeff

thanks lady and gents....it came out better than expected.....Doug
Kidphone