News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Semi-postpay controller wanted

Started by poplar1, September 19, 2013, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Has anyone developed a device that will reverse battery so that a semi-postpay set--such as the AE LPB 86-55--can be used?

This would require either voice detect or a timer--the timer would have to be set long enough for dialing a 10-digit number + additional time for the party to answer.

[EDIT: corrected model number]
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

jjacob

I am still learning, but I think you mean an 86-55? An 82-55 would be the standard AE prepay right?
John

poplar1

Yes, you are correct--I'll change it.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Haf

At the moment, after mailing for a while with Stan I'm thinking of a more efficient way of  recognizing the other party answering the call. Today I've got my first cocot single slot and trying to go more into the boards component level to detect the portion of the cocot board that detects SIT tones and 'voice cadence'. I can't do that myself so I asked a good friend of mine working as a professional programmer at a computer business. He has fellow workers for hardware questions, for example change or rewrite eproms. I don't know if I will ever have success, but I think it's worth a try. If successful the possibilities for three slots, either prepay or semi postpay will be much more efficient than only a timer. Timer won't work at semi postpay at all in my opinion.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

I have been trying to solve that too, and so far it looks like it is 3 standards used to detect answer. Reverse polarity, 12 kHz or 16 kHz 150 millisec beep.

Take a look at this brochure http://tinyurl.com/pq2wmuf

The best way for me would be to set up an ATA like PAP2T to use polarity reversal. A voip line will usually be easy to set up.

To collect coins with different intervals depending on dialed numbers, you need some programmable device, and a normal USA COCOT will not easily fit the non north American dial plan.

dsk

Haf

Quoteand a normal USA COCOT will not easily fit the non north American dial plan.

Yeah, that is what I'm trying today, reprogramming the Ernest ETX board for non US dial patterns. The good thing, whatever I dial I get nowhere, so can dial even 911 without any fear of bothering the police :) Always get wrong number. Main problem is that German phone numbers are shorter than 7 digits but the board at the moment only accepts minimum 7 digits. If anyone here has experience with programming Ernest boards, would be pleased for any help.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474