News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Greetings from SW Washington!

Started by TwentyFivePair, January 23, 2014, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwentyFivePair

Hello guys! - I guess we have the corners of the state represented now.

I'm John A., located in SouthWest Washington near the Vader / Ryderwood / Toledo area, and yes, I have phonitis.  I design power supplies for cell tower radios by day (30 yrs worth), and by night I love to play with antique electronics and test gear.  My latest passion is with 1A2 systems - I have a collection of 400-series KTU boards and some WE 6 / 10 button phones and I had a home-made KSU that was lost years ago in a garage fire (So I'm still looking).  I've still got quite a supply of 25-pair cable, the butterfly tools and a pile of AMP connectors, so I guess I better put them to use again. 

For some reason I got the itch again, and then I found you guys.  I guess it was when our latest ATT multiline phone system but the dust last week, and I remembered how much I just liked a simple button.

Thanks for lettin' me in Dennis!!  Nice place you have here!

Weco355aman

Welcome to the CRPF
I live near Salem Oregon.
Enjoy yourself here.
Phil
Phil

TwentyFivePair

Phil. I hope the copper-wire thieves don't find your place...what a collection!

Matilo Telephones

Welcome, John A!

Any pics?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

HarrySmith

Welcome John ;D
Another one bites the dust! Phonitis strikes again! We love pictures around here, got any to share!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Gilas

Welcome from another NW Washingtonian. Just a bit north of you in Centralia.

Mike

Matilo Telephones

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 24, 2014, 08:14:12 AM
Welcome John ;D
Another one bites the dust! Phonitis strikes again! We love pictures around here, got any to share!

Yes, we have phonepicitis.
Groeten,

Arwin

TwentyFivePair

OK! Give me just a bit and I'll find some pix.  I have a sad Princess one coming up...Get your Kleenex ready.

TwentyFivePair

I told you I had a sad pix..

This is my latest Proncess purchase on eBay earlier this month...Seller had a box with bubble wrap on the bottom, then tossed the phone in on top in a plastic bag.  Then was surprised to find out that USPS insurance doesn't cover bad packing. <Snifff>  This is a ~ 1966 702B, the guts are still OK.  Non-Modular, which is kind of what I was going for.  This one looked like it would have buffed out OK.

Seller says he'd send another blue princess body and handset, but I've yet to see anything.  This is why eBay is such a crap-shoot.

I was trying to put together something for my wife, so she'd have a replica phone she had in her room growing up. <Snuffle> <Laughing>

I guess I'll make a "wanted" post down in the Classifieds to see what turns up...

Phonesrfun

Welcome to the forum, 25pair.

I hail from the bustling metropolis of Walla Walla.  A month ago, I drove right by you on I-5 headed from Portland to Seattle.

We have an annual phone show in Seattle, of which, I am the host.  I need to put this year's show on the calendar and get my rear-end in motion to get the letters out.

If you wish, you can send me your contact information to the email in my profile or just send it to me via an PM throgh the forum.  I will add you to the show mailing list.

Sorry to hear about the Princess shell.  Unfortunately, the one Princess of that vintage that I have, has a crack in the shell, so I have nothing to sell you for that.  Someone is bound to have something.
-Bill G

Matilo Telephones

Ouch,

DidnĀ“t you leave packing instructions?
Groeten,

Arwin

Contempra

Ouch!...who should we blame for this broken Princess phone ?

TwentyFivePair

Actually I did leave instructions to pad everything well, but the seller assured me he was an expert.  To be fair, He did offer a refund after the fact, but I decided just to keep the remains for spare parts.  The dial is fine, the network and bell work, fat cords are OK and the light still works also.  I don't want to publicly name the seller since he says he'll find me another shell..  We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Non-modular Blue Princess's that aren't too faded are a little more hard to find, or get fairly expensive.  I like to find the ones that someone complains doesn't work or that the modular plug is broken and those sometimes are a good deal.  They usually buff out OK if you're careful.

My favorite conversation with an eBay seller just before Xmas was that there was something wrong with the phone, "because when you pressed hard on thee numbers the plastic round thingie kind of turned with a clicky noise"... <Sigh>  But I got three beige late 70's Princesses for about $20 and everything was packed fine.  The wall transformers were still on the cords.  Cool!

Mostly on eBay is when you see "Unable to test further, sold as-is" is code for "it doesn't work" - especially on old electronics test gear.

N7LTH

Welcome aboard from the NW corner in Lynden!

I used to have about six acres in Silver Creek which is about 20 or so miles west of Morton... it was a nice piece of real estate but unfortunately I was unable to get transferred down there so I sold it. The whole west central part of Washington is quite beautiful IMO.

That's a real bummer with the Princess phone snafu, hope the seller comes through on their end of it...
You know you have either phonitis or phonosis when your favorite film is "Dial Comes to Town".