and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My First Payphone - AE120B

Started by TonSpa, July 04, 2014, 01:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonSpa

Quote from: xhausted110 on July 18, 2014, 02:59:22 AM
Quote from: Babybearjs on July 15, 2014, 08:37:31 PM
man, so that's what a coin phone looks like inside... almost a full computer in there....this one must be pretty recent....

This is a standard "dumb" payphone with no smarts in it. You should see my elcotel series 5. Full of chips.

But its my "dumb" payphone  ;)
Anthony

dsk

At least, the dumb ones are able to use a payphone controller, no need for programming.

It seems like COCOT programming are pretty difficult.  For me, using another language, and a totally different dialing plan and rate plan, it would be a nightmare.

So far I guess Haf's the only one who has partly solved this programming.

dsk

TonSpa

Just thought I would do one last post on here. I made a back for my phone to mount to so if I have to move it again I will not have to gut it out.
I like how it turned out. mabey one day I will get a payphone controler for it.....if I ever get that smart to build one :)

Thanks for the help everyone!
Anthony

Mr. Bones

Very nicely done, Anthony!

You are exactly one payphone ahead of me. ;) I keep looking for an affordable, working three-slot, time will tell the tale.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Looks good, payphones are always fun.

Ben

dsk

Nice.
1 You may use it without coins as it is.
2 Could you please take a few close pictures of the signs/labels?

dsk

TonSpa

Quote from: dsk on July 22, 2014, 03:04:38 AM
Nice.
1 You may use it without coins as it is.
2 Could you please take a few close pictures of the signs/labels?

dsk

Yup that is what I am doing no coins. (still would be kind of neat to use it with coins) I also uploaded the signs......Been checking ebay on phones now....I think I got some kind of phone bug now...
Anthony

Mr. Bones

QuoteBeen checking ebay on phones now....I think I got some kind of phone bug now...

Oh, dear!

You might want to take, and heed well the sage advice of our resident expert on phonitis... he'll likely chime in any time now... ;)

Best regards, and welcome to the fold, Tony! I'm glad you are here!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

dsk

;) Welcome to the club!

It is extremely many reasons for liking telephones, for me understanding them, and  making them function as intended, or sometimes "my way" are my main reason.

Thank you for the photos.
dsk

TonSpa

Thank you all I am happy to be here :)
Anthony