News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lamp Phone Atrocities!

Started by Greg G., May 06, 2009, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

That poor old 746, and it's not even thoughtfully converted (if such a thing were possible with these things). Yuk.

That AE50 is a nice looking phone, and a bad looking lamp.  :(

Here's another:

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

19and41

That was too far a nice phone to waste like that.  Bet they broke the receiver drilling it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

A REGULAR MEMBER POST

After four days of oxi, finally a regular member post  8)

Words cannot describe my  thoughts. Yes....it is real

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232684944107?rmvSB=true
Kidphone

wds

Wow, sad.  And judging from the dial card this looks like it was a class project?
Dave

Doug Rose

Weren't there enough black ones hanging around! Ouch! If someone gets luck enough to win this, I have Some Big AE decals that should cover the hole. These are the decals that were on the tops of 35s and 50s....Doug
Kidphone

Gary Z

Stromberg Coffee Grinder

This should go in the atrocities folder, but I couldn't find it. It looks as close as it can get to being a total disaster, but there still seems to be some value in it. It does still have the egg shaped bells that has been discussed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152937507904

AE_Collector

The Chinese Red / Gold Trim AE 50 lamp phone a few posts back has sold today on eBay for $525. I was hoping to be the lucky winner but not today.

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on March 09, 2018, 06:42:21 PM
The Chinese Red / Gold Trim AE 50 lamp phone a few posts back has sold today on eBay for $525. I was hoping to be the lucky winner but not today.

Terry
To bad Terry,

It could still be a find of the month if the winner admits it. $525 is a nice price.
Just My Opinion,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Roody on March 09, 2018, 01:18:32 AM
Stromberg Coffee Grinder

This should go in the atrocities folder, but I couldn't find it. It looks as close as it can get to being a total disaster, but there still seems to be some value in it. It does still have the egg shaped bells that has been discussed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152937507904

Does not even look like it would work as a lamp.  ???
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

Does anyone have a picture of how  SC "Coffe Grinder" is supposed to look. Form the pics, I can't see spending $300 for it, unless the decimal point was moved a couple of zeros over to the right.....Doug
Kidphone

Gary Z

It is one of the strangest models I have ever seen

Doug Rose

Thanks Gary.....now I can visualize it......Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Had me scared there a moment,  It looked like someone had destroyed a BC-611 to make a steampunk poopyscope.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Whoever bought that got one great deal if it can be de-lamped successfully! There was a discussion on the list not long ago about these, very few out there and they command big dollars!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Just my opinion, but, yuk.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble