News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell Canada Safety Sign, Vehicle door logo and some literature.

Started by ....., March 16, 2018, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The postman made a surprise delivery this morning, I wasn't expecting any packages. I was in shock when I opened it.     
There was a Bell Canada Safety Sign, Bell Canada Vehicle door logo and some Bell literature.
The fellow I bought the Bell System flag from had sent it to me.

I found a place for the Bell logo. It fits in the bracket on the top of my small display case. I was wondering what I could use that bracket for, problem solved. :)

Ktownphoneco

Doug Rose

Very nice Doug, what is the Bell Creed sign made out of? I have never been able to find one in decent shape at a decent price.....other Doug
Kidphone

Thanks Jeff and Doug.

Other Doug, the sign is made of plastic. It is the light weight molded plastic that was made in the late 60's early 70's.

AL_as_needed

Is the door decal going to find a home affixed to something? Like a nice white van with blue and gold stripes?
TWinbrook7

Quote from: AL_as_needed on March 16, 2018, 06:50:31 PM
Is the door decal going to find a home affixed to something? Like a nice white van with blue and gold stripes?

No, more like a 1960's green Econoline van with Bell Canada on it in gold.  :)

AL_as_needed

They weren't fooling around up there in the great white north, quite the tires on the rear of that van...
Surprised they went with a van with windows as opposed to just a panel van, but then again maybe that wasnt really an option at the time.

So when do plan on getting a classy green van ? ;D
TWinbrook7

Quote from: AL_as_needed on March 17, 2018, 04:27:13 PM
So when do plan on getting a classy green van ? ;D

I made that suggestion to my wife and she made some comment about putting a bed in it and living in it.
I think she was referring to the old 60's Dodge van I had back in the 70's. Now that I think about that, I'm going to look for the pictures of that old blister.
Let me make it clear that I'm talking about the van. LOL  ;) 

Here is a colour picture of a late 1970's or early 1980's Dodge Bell Canada Van.

Key2871

KEN

HarrySmith

Quote from: Duffy on March 17, 2018, 05:15:42 PM
I made that suggestion to my wife and she made some comment about putting a bed in it and living in it.

I think she meant if you buy a Phone Company van you would have to live in it after she kicks you out;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 16, 2018, 11:47:13 AM
Very nice Doug, what is the Bell Creed sign made out of? I have never been able to find one in decent shape at a decent price.....other Doug

Looks like  the standard thermo-plastic  creed sign.  to me. I have a discolored one at work (Bell System). I I keep thinking I should spray it "Granite" and highlight the letters.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find the safety creed in many telecom names and in many formats.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I have it above my desk in the shop at work is that I adopted it as  my own personal safety creed.
It makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.