News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Business Office sign

Started by wds, January 05, 2019, 09:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

anyone have an idea of the value for this sign?  It's about 36" tall, heavy and double sided.  The second picture is a similar sign that sold recently.  High sales price, but a little nicer than mine. 
Dave

Payphone installer

It's a rare,piece you will never see it again. No problem in my mind dishing out a grand or more.its always better when it has a company name.

Babybearjs

That's a hard sell... very nice sign and VERY Rare! I've never seen one up until today.
John

kleenax

Quote from: wds on January 05, 2019, 09:34:38 PM
anyone have an idea of the value for this sign?  It's about 36" tall, heavy and double sided.  The second picture is a similar sign that sold recently.  High sales price, but a little nicer than mine. 
Agree on all previous posts. Can't say that I have ever seen one of these with the "New" Bell logo (50s-60s) tho. Every one that I have ever seen are of the 1st or 2nd gen Bell logo.  As for value, that depends on if you are SELLING or BUYING ;-)  If you can own it for less than $1,000, I would certainly buy it. If you are Selling it, the value would be somewhere $1,500 - $2,500. As Jim (Payphone Installer) stated, the fact that it has "Ohio Bell" on it gives it greater value; they don't usually have a specific "Bell" on them.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Payphone installer

If you don't buy it point me in the guys direction and I will turn you on to a good sign as a finders fee.  I have a lot of duplicates. Jim

wds

Thanks for all the feedback.  I may put it on Ebay and see what happens. 
Dave

Sargeguy

I disagree, I think this sign is more in the $600-700 range.  The other sign was earlier,  had the original bracket, and was overpriced IMO.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

First Ohio Bell telephone business office sign I've ever seen. I have the same sign for Indiana Bell and Southwestern Bell. I agree with Sargeguy around a $700 sign. Uncommon company on this sign. But common design seen with other companies. And it's "only" a '39 Bell.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

Quote from: wds on January 08, 2019, 06:21:33 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.  I may put it on Ebay and see what happens.

Auction contest?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service