News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Black AE47 chicago labled 4111 ESL multiline Antique Mall find #2

Started by allnumbedup, March 22, 2023, 09:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allnumbedup

I started a thread on four phones and returned to the antique mall for one and then found this:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=27351

This AE 47 is in good shape. The base rubber is cracked but unbroken, it tests good to leads on tip and ring with a 0.47 capacitor on the test line directly on the SL ringer working to ring it as well. it has a Chicago label but I cannot find a specific date anywhere. Marked SZ 6 on the base. It was marked down 20% from $45 so I had to get it at $38.
Analog Phones for a Digital World

tubaman

Very nice - the AE40s are one of my all time favourites. Such an elegant design IMHO.

FABphones

That store was worth going back to. Excellent find.  :)

When you get a moment, please take a good photo of the Wiring Diagram and add it here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=71.0

Thanks.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

paul-f

This is one of the first AE models I collected. What an impressive use of space inside!

Also looks good when dressed up with chrome handset bands, fingerwheel and lift bar.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

poplar1

Quote from: tubaman on March 22, 2023, 09:21:07 AMVery nice - the AE40s are one of my all time favourites. Such an elegant design IMHO.

But the 40 is kind of tame, compared to the original design ( AE34).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

tubaman

Quote from: poplar1 on March 23, 2023, 03:21:53 PMBut the 40 is kind of tame, compared to the original design ( AE34).

The AE34 looks great too, and if I ever get to see one in the flesh I might well change my mind.

allnumbedup

This thread has convinced me to put this on the restore for myself pile, rather than resell pile as I have the chrome fingerwheel and handset caps already. I also have a broken AE40 donor case with the individual chrome hook switch caps (the kind without the lift bar) that will balance out the rest of the bling well I think.
Analog Phones for a Digital World

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line