News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

To All New Registering Members. Free Phone.

Started by Dan/Panther, November 18, 2013, 12:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Quote from: mienaichizu on November 20, 2013, 03:40:25 AM
I have a friend here in the Philippines who is starting to collect old telephones and I am urging him to join the forum

Tell him if he joins, and pays shipping, I will send him a 302.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Right now there are 36 guests viewing the forum. Why not step up finally and join??
It won't hurt, does not cost anything and you get a free phone!!
Besides we want to see your phones and hear your stories on finding & fixing them ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

brshaffer

To all potential members: I got mine today, Dan is a man of his word.  It's a 10/57 WE500!  ;D

Thanks again, so much, to Dan for his generosity!  To pay-it-forward and help our newcomers to the hobby (like me!), with this phone I will document my entire refurbishing process in detail.  A screw-by-screw--wire by wire--piece by piece breakdown and demonstrations of whatever cleaning/repairing I do.

So join now!  You'll get a free phone and a paint-by-numbers post on how to refurbish your first phone!

ESalter

I think this is an absolutely amazing thing Dan is doing!  I remember back when I first got started there were other collectors that helped get me going and to this day I feel like I owe them for really helping spark my interest.  I hope this does for our new forum members what those collectors did for me. :)

---Eric

WesternElectricBen

I agree with Eric, this is very nice of you.

Collectors have started me off with some really nice phones, and I like to see that your doing this too. I hope it also improves Forum traffic with more daily posters.

Ben

Matilo Telephones

Great brshaffer, I'd be very interested to read how your refurbishing proces goes.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Bridie

Dang, I joined up three weeks too early  :( Would've loved to have a 302.  How about if I un-register and re-register?  ;D ;D
Bridget

twocvbloke

Quote from: Bridie on November 22, 2013, 08:15:38 AM
Dang, I joined up three weeks too early  :( Would've loved to have a 302.  How about if I un-register and re-register?  ;D ;D

Dunno if it's bending the rules of this offer, but, you've not attained 10 posts yet, so, unless told otherwise, you could be in for a phone...  :D

Bridie

I think it likely would be bending the rules a bit  ;D
Bridget

GeneGenie

Is this offer still going? Anyway, I've probably been a member for slightly too long to qualify. I would do anything to have a Western Electric, preferably a 500, the American phones are so hard to get here in UK and the international postage and customs would require me to take a loan!

Spanish_phones

OMG what great news!!

I've just joined the forum two weeks ago, and I have been looking for a cheap 302 for a long time. Most of eBay sellers don't ship to Spain, and it's expensive, plus the price of the phone.....

May be I won't have one, I already have two 500's and one 202. I've written 18 posts and written messages too. Dan, please tell me if I have to do anything more to have one 302 :) (apart from paying shipping costs of course)

Anyway, thank you very much for this action you're doing! ;)

tipnring

I just joined the forum and ran across your post.   I live in Alberta Canada so most of our phones are Northern Electric which had the Western Electric licence to manufacture phones an Canada. Is this offer of yours still on ? I would love to have one of those old Western Electric phones. Don't run into too many up here.. I'll post a couple of picture wheb I get everything figured out here...       tipnring in Alberta

Dan/Panther

I have had a few new members that are either in Canada, or Some other country other than the United States.
Upon researching shipping costs, in those cases it was determined that the cost to ship was just to cost prohibitive.

D/P

tipnring

Since you don't ship to Canada , I have friends that go Hemet California for the winter, would shipping to them be an option?   
tipnring in Alberta

Dan/Panther

Hemet is very close top me, I go there frequently. I would gladly meet up with them and personally give it to them. Have them contact me. I will PM you my home phone number.
D/P