News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone cord source

Started by Phonesrfun, December 23, 2013, 07:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

A few weeks ago there was a discussion about a seller on e-bay who is selling off some NOS cords.  Someone replied with a link to a commercial company who makes brand new round coiled handset cords for G1 handsets.  I went to the website, and it said there was a minimum order of $100.00

I mentioned this to another collector today, and he would like to know what that link is.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to put together the right search terms to find it on the forum.  Or maybe it was on the TCI list serve that I saw it.

Can someone help me find that link?

Thanks
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Excellent.  While that specific link does not seem to work,  www.brook-tel.com does.  It is what I was looking for.  Thanks.
-Bill G

poplar1

[From their website:]

SPADE/SPADE COILED CORD ROUND CORDAGE

Spade tips both ends, 4 conductors, tinsel wire,
polyethylene insulation, vinyl jacket.
PART NO.: H4CJ

LENGTH (extended): 6ft.(1.8m), 9ft.(2.7m), 15ft.(4.6m)

COLORS: Ash, Beige, Black, Cocoa Brown, Lt. Gray, Green, Ivory, Cherry Red, Dark Red, White, Warm White.

*Also available with 6 conductors (H6CJ) - GTE cords are also available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Comment: The GTE cords--if they are for an AE 80 hardwired---would work better for WE 302s, AE 40s, etc. Or perhaps Brook-Tel could make cords to the same specs as WE H3AR.]
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Phonesrfun

I wonder if they are still there.  The website says it was last updated in 2008, 7 years ago.  Maybe I will try their phone again tomorrow.  Tonight, I get no answer, and no voice mail on their main number.  The fax number does answer as a fax, so perhaps they are just low-key.
-Bill G

twocvbloke

Just a random thought, but, maybe they're closed for christmas? ;D

Phonesrfun

Yes, something I thought of too.  For sure, when I called at 6:45pm my time, it was 9:45 in New York, so I wasn't expecting anyone to really answer the phone.  However, most businesses these days have some sort of automated attendant, voice mail, or just a plain old fashioned answering machine, and this one just kept ringing.....

That being said, as recently as 8 years ago I worked for a place that had no answering machine either.
-Bill G

twocvbloke

Where I used to work, we had an answering machine hooked up to the Panasonic 308, don't think anyone ever left a message on it though... ;D

(either that or it was set to just play an OGM stating opening times and to call back later, never had to call it myself!!)

poplar1

Maybe they are really low tech--no voice mail, no answering machine, no email orders, spade-tipped cords. They do, however, have a fax:

* * * Sorry, We do not accept email orders, please call or fax * * *
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Phonesrfun

Called again this am.  They must be gone for the holidays.  I will try again after the 1st.
-Bill G