News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Odd 302 Ringer

Started by Kenton K, December 29, 2013, 05:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Found an odd ringer in an Ivory 302. I bought it off ebay a while back. One of the gongs is inverted. The gong has an X marking underneath. I am inclined to believe that this was a repair job done recently as the screw and support are really shiny and new looking. Any info guys?

poplar1

Frankenphone--Leich uses a similar extender on the 90 desk sets that have ringers; gong isn't WE either.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Phonesrfun

Either someone was missing a gong on the ringer and grabbed any old gong and a post to make it work, or perhaps someone was wanting a different sound from the ringer to distinguish it from another phone.  It is odd that they would use the gong they did.  Oh well.  Some things are just meant to be guessed at rather than known for certain.

PS:  I might add that it had to have the post because the domed surface of the gong has an indentation, and so if the gong was mounted in the traditional 302 manner, it would not have had a ring to it.  More of a knock.
-Bill G

Kenton K

Good to know. I will probably leave it for the moment until i find a spare gong. Works decently well as it is.

Thank you!