"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

how much would an AE#40 costs?

Started by mienaichizu, September 22, 2008, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Hi guys,

how much would an AE#40 desk set usually costs? a fellow is offering me an ivory colored AE#40 with gold trim. The phone is in pieces and I have to rebuild it. It costs $115. If he would restore it, the price would be tripled. Looks like the phone is gutted, what do you think?

BDM

Not sure. But restored and working, they can go for a fair amount no question. Finding a parts set would be easy. It wouldn't take much to put that phone back on the road.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

mienaichizu

if the seller would  restore it to working order, the price would be tripled. if I am going to get it as is that would be $115 and I would do all of the restoration efforts, spare parts are also available to the seller if needed

BDM

Well, looks simple to me. A nights work at best. If you know what these are truly worth restored, then I say go for it! 8)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

mienaichizu

BDM

BTW, I assume it comes with the base? If so, I hope the base has all the parts withit, or installed on it. Then maybe you wont need a parts set.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

benhutcherson

Parts I see missing:

Switchook
Induction Coils
Receiver
Transmitter
Base(would have ringer and capacitors attached).

With that said, though, for $115, I'd definitely jump on it. Even if you have to pick up a second set for parts, you'll still end up with something that is worth far more than the amount you'll have invested.

BDM

Quote from: benhutcherson on September 22, 2008, 09:37:36 PM
Parts I see missing:

Switchook
Induction Coils
Receiver
Transmitter
Base(would have ringer and capacitors attached).

With that said, though, for $115, I'd definitely jump on it. Even if you have to pick up a second set for parts, you'll still end up with something that is worth far more than the amount you'll have invested.

I fully agree!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI