News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Niche/Nook Photos

Started by FABphones, December 03, 2021, 04:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Does your property have a Phone Niche / Phone Nook?

With so many now lost through modernisation of properties, let's add photos of ours here.

Mine below. Home made as close to original design as possible using reclaim wood.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

rp2813

Here's a picture of the niche in my 1922 house.  In another discussion when I previously posted this picture, I mentioned that for a couple of reasons the niche didn't strike me as being original to the house:  There is no inset below for the subset, and there's a hard wired jack in the upper left corner of the niche.  The jack has vintage braided woven leads (painted many times over) so it was installed early on, but it seems like an odd placement.  It was disabled long ago.
Ralph

allnumbedup

This is the my phone niche. It is new construction but my home is 1926: the wall was originally empty at the base of the stairs.  I had it designed based on old photos  It has a false fronted compartment under the shelf for subset components or a ringer.  Future home of the SC 1150 stick shown as is---still under construction.
Analog Phones for a Digital World

ReneRondeau

I rented an apartment in San Francisco in the early 1980s that had a telephone nook in the middle of the long hallway (the hallway was along the right, all the rooms were on the left). Since I was already collecting and using antique telephones, I thought that feature was incredibly cool. I'm sorry I never took any pictures of it.

MMikeJBenN27

About 20 years ago, we rented a house that had a phone nitch.  We put out wall phone in it.

Mike