"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

It's my turn to say Hi from NorCal

Started by Kenton K, August 02, 2014, 12:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Hello all,

I've been on the forum for a whiles now and I think it about time for me to introduce myself.
My name is Kenton and I've been a phone collector for about two years. I am currently a high school student in Northern California. Before phones, I somewhat collected typewriters and coins. I have since sold almost all my typewriters, but I do still continue coins an a small scale. Now, the phone hobby takes up most of my hobby 'cash'.

How did I start collecting? My first phone was a snoopy design line; I traded it for a pile of bricks. Ever since then, there has been an exponential increase of phones in my house! I am still new to collecting, so my prize phones are few and unimpressive. Right now I am working on my 500 color set and a basic WE 'type' set. I hope to post my collection on the forum some time soon.

Thank you all for being welcoming and super helpful.  You guys are great!

-Kenton

Phonesrfun

Great to have you on board.  Northern CA is a nice place.  I lived in the Sacramento area for three years (many years ago). 
-Bill G

Mr. Bones

Thanks for the intro, Kenton.

I have enjoyed your posts, collection, and enthusiasm for quite some time now. Keep up with the good works, keep us apprised via postings / photos, and get some pictures posted of your collection; I'm sure many of us would love to see what you have collected thus far.

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend, and best of luck with your studies during the impending school year!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Weco355aman

Hi
If you have not heard of or been to the JKL museum you are close to it.  Approx 60 Mi from lodi,  east to San Andreas.
Its well worth the trip. John and Wayne has a very nice well layed out setup. I installed the WE and SC switching system that is in the basement. If you need contact info send a PM and ill get it to you, or do a Google search for JKL museum.
Phil

Kenton K

Thanks,Their museum looks promising.  I will have to plan a trip over there some time. Is it by appointment only?

-Ken