News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

House of Telephones being sold

Started by BDM, September 27, 2008, 01:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Well, I just read on the TCI list server, Odis(owner of H.O.T.) is sick, and will be selling his business Nov 1st. First, let me say Odis is an outstanding gentleman. I've dealt with him several times. He makes a class A number #1 product. Once it's gone, it's gone. I wish him well in the future.

Second, if you need cords, now's the time to get them!!
http://www.houseoftelephones.com/
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Mark Stevens

Quote from: BDM on September 27, 2008, 01:53:24 AM
Well, I just read on the TCI list server, Odis(owner of H.O.T.) is sick, and will be selling his business Nov 1st. First, let me say Odis is an outstanding gentleman. I've dealt with him several times. He makes a class A number #1 product. Once it's gone, it's gone. I wish him well in the future.

Second, if you need cords, now's the time to get them!!
http://www.houseoftelephones.com/

That's a shame, regarding both Odis and the business.  I know he's had someone working for him for some time, and perhaps he'll stay on with the new owner and share his knowledge.  It would be very easy for a new owner to muck it up!

Doug Houston

Hey, Brian:

I wonder if this guy might have  cord for a phone I've had for a few years. I'd have to look up the model.........it's put away in a closet now. It's Western Electric. It's in a half cylinder in black plastic. That lower part is the entire instrument. There is a smoked plastic half- cylinder shell that swings over the lower half to close it off. Kind of a neat thing.

The thing has a cord reel in it, and the cord has open circuited strands. I've never seen replacement cords for this thing. It's kind of clever, but currently, on the fritz. If your pal here doesn't have the cord I need, do you have any ideas?

BDM

Doug, that phone doesn't ring a bell(haha). Can you possibly find a pic on the NET and post it here? Is it heavy duty? May be a special industrial phone.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

Sounds like a Design Line "Telstar."  I don't know about the cord.  That's gonna be a tough one.

http://www.porticus.org/bell/images/dl/tt-a.jpg
= DARRIN =

BDM

I talked with Odis Friday. Ordered up a few cords. The equipment left his place Friday, on it's way to Canada. Apparently someone in Canada purchased his company and equipment. He said the cords will still be available, and the current owner plans no changes. Odis said he has many cords in stock for now, and most will ship from him until the new owner is up & running.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Bill

Do you know if the name of the company, along with the web address, will change?

Bill

phoneguy06

The new owner of House of Telephones is Oldphoneworks at www.oldphoneworks.com. They are based in the province of Ontario.

BDM

Oh, there ya go. Odis didn't mention the new owners name, nor did I ask. Thanks phoneguy.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Recently bought a hardwired plastic black handset cord from Oldphoneworks.  It came quickly and was of nice quality, but that's my only dealings with them.

bingster

I've bought from oldphoneworks before, and they've been great.  I wish they'd make just one tiny change to the cords now that they're making them, though.  It would be great if they used a finer, non-fuzzy thread for the outer covering.  If they did that, the cords would be indistinguishable from Western Electric cords.
= DARRIN =