News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by Greg G., April 26, 2015, 03:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

It's being sold with a wooden wall phone.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

tallguy58

Looks like that top piece flips up. There are two catches on one end and a hinge on the other.

Something is put on it, lid comes down and handle is turned. Looks like there's a spool on the bottom that holds a roll of something.
Cheers........Bill

electric al

Quote from: tallguy58 on April 26, 2015, 06:02:15 AM
Looks like that top piece flips up. There are two catches on one end and a hinge on the other.

Something is put on it, lid comes down and handle is turned. Looks like there's a spool on the bottom that holds a roll of something.

Note Pad ????  Like a roll message pad ?
Never met a phone I didn't like !

TelePlay

twocvbloke

Looks like it's made to print something, can't be 100% sure from the pics though...

LarryInMichigan

Perhaps it is a device for making impressions from charge cards.

Larry

HarrySmith

You may be on to something Larry. The metal plate attached above the opening looks like the store information.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

Most likely for making receipts at an old time store.spool of paper underneith ,threads forward to front of machine,underneith the metal shield and finely under the rollers.Opening in top for writing.

NorthernElectric

Looks to me like it was designed to hold 3 rolls at once; possibly 2 of paper with carbon paper in between.  Could have been receipts, as rdelius suggested, shipping labels, etc., something that produced in duplicate.  I'm also wondering if that plate on the side is an Addressograph style card which might possibly flip over to imprint an address on the paper feeding through the opening on the main table, but the photo resloution is not high enough to see if the plate is movable or if it might be an address in reverse.
Cliff

HarrySmith

The plate appears to be permanently attached to the side of the mechanism. The idea of carbon duplicates seems to fit.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"