News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

3 Scarce Hupcaps on eBay

Started by Fabius, July 13, 2015, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

There were three Bell Telephone of Pennsylvania (BTP) hubcaps on eBay at the same time. While the 11X11 and even the round "lollypop" BTP signs are routinely seen the hubcaps are scarce. One looked near mint, one ($107) had slight edge rust and the other ($100) had moderate edge rust. See all 3 at this link.

http://tinyurl.com/phfuksq

I bought the middle one and I think it was a bit of a steal for a scarce sign. I asked the seller where he got them and he said the family bought an old building in Philadelphia and found them in the basement. The building had been a drug store and had a bank of phone booths.

Here's mine after I cleaned it up

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Sargeguy

I was watching those but I implemented my "local telco only rule".  Still looking for an NET&T version.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

Quote from: Sargeguy on July 13, 2015, 08:28:39 PM
I was watching those but I implemented my "local telco only rule".  Still looking for an NET&T version.

The NET&T hub cap is very tough to find. I bought mine many many years ago from John Dommers (sp?), the guy who wrote one of the antique telephone books.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Sargeguy

I finally found one, not the best example but considering I have been looking for one for two years $67.25 shipped is not too bad:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

Quote from: Sargeguy on August 03, 2015, 08:34:10 PM
I finally found one, not the best example but considering I have been looking for one for two years $67.25 shipped is not too bad:

I saw that. Foe some reason those NET&T hubcaps are hard to find
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905