News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seen in small Newfoundland Museum

Started by CanadianGuy, July 25, 2015, 07:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianGuy

I'm on a family vacation in central Newfoundland (my wife has family here, and it's a wonderful place to visit, despite being very costly to fly here) and we went to a museum in a small town called Botwood. We've been here before, but I didn't have much interest in old phones. They might not have had this stuff last time anyway. I'm interested to hear what you all think. I'm happy enough just looking at old phones!

I also found a few items at an antique store (run out of his garage) but his prices were full retail/too high. Didn't get any pics. There were 2 woodens and 2 rotaries, which had thin metal chrome dials. The dial cards said CN so maybe they were unique to the railroad. One said $75.

Edit: attachments failed security checks. I don't have access to a computer, so how about this for now:

https://goo.gl/photos/pgpm8jeAabFcvVz56

unbeldi

Security checks don't happen for file size.
But resizing (even by 1 pixel) does help usually because the offending byte sequences get changed.
But if the offending picture contains certain text strings in the EXIF data, than this has to be stripped with another image program.