News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Creed

Started by pieboy977, September 28, 2015, 10:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieboy977

I found this online, it was found in an estate someone was sorting through and they were asking what it was, I wasn't quite sure, but I bought it. I learned that it was the bell system safety creed but the ones I see online are all plastic coated particle board, I've only found one that was a paper creed in a wooden and glass frame.
When (what year)  did they switch to the paper and glass frame?

Fabius

What do you mean by "paper creed"? Is it a piece of paper with the creed on it? If so then possibly an unofficial version?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

pieboy977

Yes it is a paper version of the creed in a wooden frame with a glass front. I seen one other one like this on Pinterest when I did a Google search and I spoke to one person who said back in 1977 he  found one of the paper ones in the courthouse basement centrex exchange when they wrecked it out.

G-Man

Quote from: pieboy977 on September 29, 2015, 04:16:54 PM
Yes it is a paper version of the creed in a wooden frame with a glass front. I seen one other one like this on Pinterest when I did a Google search and I spoke to one person who said back in 1977 he  found one of the paper ones in the courthouse basement centrex exchange when they wrecked it out.
This was recently discussed on the TCI listerve and the full background behind its creation was given. In a nutshell, plaques started to be made in 1941, however paper versions continued to be printed, so it is doubtful they are considered rare.

pieboy977

But what year did they begin using a paper version

G-Man

Quote from: pieboy977 on September 30, 2015, 09:21:52 AM
But what year did they begin using a paper version

I'd have to search the TCI archives to pinpoint it but off the top of my head it was the late 1930's.

pieboy977

Is the paper in a frame version older than the plastic coated particle board version?

G-Man

Quote from: pieboy977 on September 30, 2015, 12:41:31 PM
Is the paper in a frame version older than the plastic coated particle board version?

The dates given in the TCI archives indicates that It depends the date it was printed.

pieboy977

How do you determine the print date?