News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC teledialer 32

Started by Babybearjs, April 08, 2016, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I used to have a ATC teledialer 32 and at one time I thought the TCI library had the information on this unit. well, I was able to secure another one and need to find the paperwork for it. does anyone know if there is any ATC paperwork in the library? I did a basic search with negative results.... if anyone knows anything about this dialer, please respond....
John

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 08, 2016, 11:23:47 PM
does anyone know if there is any ATC paperwork in the library? I did a basic search with negative results.... if anyone knows anything about this dialer, please respond....

There is an ATC section in the wiring diagrams folder:
  http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/wiring-diagrams/atc

When the basic search fails, try the TCI Library's Google Search option.

Teledialer-32 produces several references including one from the index of:

GTE Automatic Electric
KEY TELEPHONE SYSTEM HANDBOOK
CHB·160 ISSUE 10 (11/80)

TELEDIALER-32
Identification, Installation and Maintenance -- 478-204-101

This GSP document does not appear to be in the Library currently, so you might ask if anyone has a copy of the handbook and would be willing to scan the GSP and submit it to the Library.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

Paul, Thanks for the info. I'll look into locating the document.
John

Babybearjs

I just got the manual from Joe Stevens. its 32 pgs. long and in JPG format. would love to have it put in the TCI Library but it needs to be converted. can anyone help in this matter?
John

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 17, 2016, 06:57:19 PM
I just got the manual from Joe Stevens. its 32 pgs. long and in JPG format. would love to have it put in the TCI Library but it needs to be converted. can anyone help in this matter?

John,

The TCI Library routinely takes in contributions as individual page images.  We have volunteers that will combine and post process them for OCR and size reduction, etc.

I'll send a PM with an email address.

If anyone would like to join our volunteer group, contact me off-line.

Thanks,
Paul

Babybearjs

Thank you Paul. is there any way to send them in a folder? or do I have to attach them individually?  There's 32 pages to send....  and here are some pictures of my unit.... I wired in a RJ45 cord into it and have a shunted jack that I have wired up to make the unit unplugable without having to loose the dial tone.
John

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 17, 2016, 08:17:18 PM
Thank you Paul. is there any way to send them in a folder? or do I have to attach them individually?

You can combine them into one or more zip files, keeping each to under about 15 MB.

Babybearjs

I'll have to get back to you on that....
John

AE_Collector

What are you using for a power supply and battery with that? I think the battery snaps onto the back where your connections are, doesn't it? They were NiCad and replacements would likely be unavailable leaving rebuilding them as the only option. I would assume that it wont retain any numbers without a battery.

Terry