"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Garnet Red Starlite/Compact Wall???

Started by GTE Rick, April 23, 2016, 09:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 29, 2016, 11:46:56 PM
Well, 'Basic White' isn't that cool... ::)

Basic White used to be known as "Gardenia White" in the good ol' AE days.

Quote from: RickGTE on April 29, 2016, 10:44:16 PM
It seams odd that they would produce the Styleline 16 plus colors, and keep the Starlite desk limited to the original, Sand Beige, Classic Ivory, Turquoise, Camellia Pink, Basic White, Forget-Me-Not Blue, and some time before 1975 adding Basic Black, Avocado and later Espresso Brown when they started sell phone directly to the public.

Thinking about this a bit and seeing the chart showing the Wall Starlites available in more colors than the Desk Starlites.... I bet it was because there wasn't a Touch Call 90. The 192 replaced the 90's for Touch Call sets initially and eventually the 192 completely replaced 90 Wall Phones. The 182 Desk Starlites were never a replacement for the 80 Desk Phone which was available in Touch Call.

Terry

stub

Terry ,
           Just a tad off-topic  . "No AE 90 in Touch call huh  :o ."  I made me one ,  8) . I use it in the basement.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

I often wondered why they didn't go that route as well as having the touchcall compact Starlite wall phone. Starlite was a premium price (rental) desk and wall phone even if it wasn't illuminated but they wrecked that when there Starlite wall phone had to be one the standard Touch call wall phone.

Interesting item Ken!

Terry

compubit

Now the challenge is to get an AE Touch Calling Keypad in the phone...

J

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector