"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent addition to my collection

Started by jjflory, September 05, 2016, 08:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjflory

All,

I recently got this WE 202 manufacturers date of April 36. The rubber cord going to the subset was cut off.

Anyone know where I can get a NOS rubber cord?

Thanks,

Jeff

jjflory

BTW...forgot to say I bought it for $56.00 plus + $10.95 shipping from ebay.

Other that the cut cord 100% intact, with one small scratch on front left side of base.

Good buy?

Kenton K

Nice! 202 are very elegant in my opinion. I'm not sure where to find nos cords! But we used WE 4 rubber conductor cords are plentiful in the collective collector's stash. Cloth cords are more scarce for sure tho.

Kk

Ktownphoneco

Jeff  ....    Old Phone Works, in Kingston, Ontario, have used Western 3 conductor rubber handset cords, and which are listed here on their web site : https://www.oldphoneworks.com/cord-original.-handset-straight-black-3-conductor-rubber-54-long.html   .    A little overpriced in my opinion, but non the less available.    New old stock rubber handset cords will be hard to find I think.
I have 2 used rubber handset cords, but the rubber insulation on the inner conductors is starting to dry up and flake off.     Electrically, they're still sound, and the black rubber insulation is in good shape.    If your interested let me know.   At least they'll work until you can find a cord in decent shape.    It'll cost you the postage, from Kingston, Ontario,

Jeff Lamb

Doug Rose

I do have a few NOS SC handset cords,,,Four conduction but you just trim one off....Doug
Kidphone

jjflory

What is the price of the cord?

Thanks

Jeff