News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 H1 non dial phone 1939.

Started by CDK, April 11, 2017, 06:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pvt-telco

Unbeldi and/or Poplar 1, My assumption that if the 302 is rewired as a 202  and then hooked up to this 685 it would then fall under the anti-side tone catagory, is that right?

unbeldi

Quote from: Pvt-telco on April 12, 2017, 09:24:02 PM
Unbeldi and/or Poplar 1, My assumption that if the 302 is rewired as a 202  and then hooked up to this 685 it would then fall under the anti-side tone catagory, is that right?

The 425B network in the 685A subset is an anti-sidetone circuit, so yes.
But even when used with a 101A induction coil inside the housing, as originally designed, it was an anti-sidetone instrument as well.  The 425B network is simply a newer part and more compact assembly of multiple components, with extra features, but the basic circuit principles are quite similar.

CDK

Well, I think I did it, it gets a dial tone when I pick up the handset, tomorrow I will try to call my landline and see if it rings!

CDK

I called my home phone, it didn't ring? So now what do I do?

poplar1

Quote from: CDK on April 13, 2017, 10:21:25 AM
I called my home phone, it didn't ring? So now what do I do?

Connect the red ringer wire to the red line cord wire from the wall jack, and the black ringer wire to the green line cord wire.
Connect the red-slate ringer wire to A.
Connect the slate ringer wire to K.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

unbeldi

Here is the subset diagram again with the ringing bridge highlighted in the colors of each wire.

unbeldi

Do you have the circuit with the ringer terminal so my phone will ring?

I am not sure what you are asking, but here is another ringer circuit from this post in the wiring diagram section.

Pvt-telco

As well, once you ascertain that you have made all the right connections, and it still does not ring, you might want to move the biase spring on the ringer.

CDK

So this is what I did?  It does ring now.