News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1908-1920 Rochester Telephone 7 7/8" hubcap very nice condition-$ Value anyone?

Started by rfkimba, May 24, 2017, 03:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfkimba

Hi Collectors,
I was recently offered this  nice condition early hubcap. I searched EBay sold listings  and the data base here but can't find any $ value ranges for this very early hubcap.
Does anyone have any information on the rarity of the Rochester Telephone hubcap?
Can anyone share  any prices  paid for an early one?
Any feedback is most appreciated.  I am trying to leave some $ for the Lancaster TCI show.
Thanks,
Bob Farber
ATCA, TCI

rfkimba

Hi All,

While looking for comparable 1908 hubcaps I missed this recent Ebay sale of a 1908-1920 Wisconsin Telephone  hubcap in very good condition.
I was a little surprised at the $189 sale price as it seems low
for an early item unless Wisconsin hubcaps abound.
Bob Farber
ATCA, TCI

Sargeguy

The seller has a PA Bell sign also for sale, if I recall.  I'd like to hear what Fabius thinks about these.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

Quote from: Sargeguy on May 24, 2017, 07:03:19 AM
The seller has a PA Bell sign also for sale, if I recall.  I'd like to hear what Fabius thinks about these.

Those signs were being sold by an extremely knowledgeable and intelligent sign collector. A very nice and good looking guy. The envy of sign collectors everywhere.

Oh, by the way those were my signs.  ;D

I was surprised that the Wisconsin sign didn't sell $100 higher And even more surprised that the Pennsylvania sign sold for $346. I bought two of the Pennsylvania hubcaps on two different auctions for around $159 each just last years.

Last month I bought on eBay an Indiana 11x11 in 9+ condition for
$227. I then sold the one I had for years that would grade a 7 for $188.

eBay is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Payphone installer

My opinion anywhere from 200.00 to 400.00 it is a rare sign just depends on how bad you want it. I was second high bidder on the die cut bell at 1500.00 that's the most I thought it was worth. I got beat. I was second on the bell lampshade at 700.00 I got beat. So its what you are willing to pay for a given sign. The one you are looking at is rare and in nice shape. I would not pass on it. jim

Sargeguy

If you want that sign I would say the time to buy it is now. Rochester signs are not easy to come by.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rfkimba

Hi Gents,
The seller wont budge at $425 + SH so I think Ill spend my few pennies at the TCI meeting in June and then reevaluate how much I still want it.
Warm Regards,T
Bob Farber