News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Well, how about that...

Started by Sigmaz, January 18, 2018, 02:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmaz

Jim Rockford and the Ghostbusters had the same phone number.. well.. different area codes.. but nifty tidbit anyway..

Jim Rockford (The Rockford Files) (311) 555-2368
GhostBusters (212) 555-2368

Nevermind me, I'm just bumping my post count...

:)

TelePlay

Well, there were more uses than those two shows. This image shows a few same number captures from this link

https://www.metv.com/stories/ever-wonder-why-every-fictional-character-seemed-to-have-the-phone-number-555-2368

and if the link every goes dead, that attached picture and the attached pdf file is all that was of importance on that page.

Sigmaz

Awesome!
I wasn't aware of the others..

I saw the rabbit hole but I didn't look that deep into it.

Thanks! I've hit my quota and now I don't need to learn anything else today.

WEBellSystemChristian

555-2368 was the ultimate "false" number for years. In fact, that was the very number Bell System and Western Electric commonly used on display sets and in advertisements.

Compubit, one of our members, has a Western Electric phone from the "Design Line" series that has a "311-555-2368" dial card. Sure enough, the phone was a display phone for use in a Bell Store.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

It's even in this print.

jsowers

It's on my display model 701 Princess. It came from the seller's attic like this. Sorry for the grainy picture but it's circa 2001 and one of the first digital pictures I ever took.
Jonathan