"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A little hey y'all from Arkansas!

Started by Kelbelphb, April 18, 2018, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelbelphb

Hello everyone!

First of all I am absolutely thrilled to be a member of this board. I am very new to the vintage phone world. I am generally a collector of all things mid century modern but a stroke of luck and possibly fate thrust me into the world of Western electric.

I rescued a trailer load of phones, parts, tools etc from being burnt. This collection belonged to a Western electric lineman who livingly kept EVERYTHING. unfortunately the items are in barn rescue condition. I have stalked this forum many nights for tips on cleaning bakelite and with your help I have signed up about 6 beautiful black 302s.

Guys I need help! I have more phones and parts than i could ever know what to do with. I am a 31 year old mom of 2 small children and havent got enough time to sit with my phone's day and night like I would love to.

If you need something...please let me know. I probably have it. With the exception of Candlestick Parts because apparently this collector was not interested in them.

Enough about me! Thanks for letting me join the tribe. 💜

Here is the topic covering my "trailer load of phones":
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20259.0

Babybearjs

I'd love to help!, except.....I'm in Idaho....
John

AE_Collector

We've got a couple of ongoing topics covering large hauls of phones and Parts so what the heck...we can use a third one! We love pictures and helping others figure out what they are looking at. Maybe you've got some rare and valuable bits and pieces in there!

Oh and, Welcome to the Rotary Forum!

Terry

oldguy

Welcome to the forum, like Terry stated, pictures will help us help you. I'm in California.
Gary

Kelbelphb

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a friend coming over tomorrow to help me organize and photograph the chaos. I'm so greatful that someone might be able to tell me what is what. You guys are awesome!

Pourme

Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see what you have in your 'barn find'...

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Welcome to the asylum! Spend all night & day? Sounds like you are deep in the grips of Phoneitis already. No need to worry, everyone here is an addict too! I am sure you have lot's of stuff people here will want. As already stated, we need pictures! I hope you took some of the stash "as found", that is always the most interesting part.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Welcome to CRPF. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you with your new phone collection. Enjoy.

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome to CRPF!

It definitely sounds like you have an interesting stash you acquired. Yes, please post some pictures here...we will definitely be able help you out with what you have and what some might be worth. ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

dsk

Hi, and welcome. We have to few ladies here, you tend to better to learn the kids from they are small.
We do not want this hobby to develop to be for "older" men only :-)

Of course we will help you, help you making a collection. I would suggest a setup with telephones to play with for your children, and their friends?

And of-course we will help you finding a new home for what you want to sell.

I have been looking for a subset to my 202 telephone for years, but shipping to Norway has been to expensive so far, and I do not have any plan to make you sell it to me for less than you could get from others. I still mention it in case some trade or something would be of interest.

Best wishes from Norway
dsk

Haf

At first, welcome to the forum :)

Many good memories of AR, was in Conway for a while.

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

AL_as_needed

In reply to your "hey y'all", the NY equivalent; "How ya do-in?"

You definitely made a nice move grabbing what you could, many start off in this hobby as finding a phone in basements or attics and the addiction grows from there.
TWinbrook7