News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Transmitter screws size

Started by HowardPgh, September 23, 2018, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

What size screws fit this WE 323BW transmitter. Any other phone part that uses the same size screw that I could scavenge screws from?
Howard

poplar1

Close to 2-56 but not exactly. 2-56 should work. If your phone was refurbished at WE shop, chances are they changed the original mounting holes in the cup to slots. Those slots were designed for WE screws with shoulders on them.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Ktownphoneco

Howard  ..... I've found that machine screw size No. 2 - 56 work on Western & Northern transmitters.       I order mine in quantity every couple of years from a fastener company.     If you don't have a continuing need for them, most hobby shops that sell radio controlled small scale  planes, boats and vehicles stock No. 2-56 screws with slotted round heads. 

Jeff Lamb

HowardPgh

Poplar1 and Ktownphoneco are you referring to the screws on the rim that fasten the transmitter to the cup?  My question is about the screws that attach the wiring to the transmitter contacts. I should have been more specific.
Howard

Ktownphoneco

Howard  ....   Ok no problem.     The "Truss Head" machine screws on the terminals appear to be No. 4-36tpi.    By today's standards, they'd most likely be considered a specialty screw.      Not easy to find, but they are available.    You might have to settle for a pan head rather than the original truss head.     Of course there's always eBay, and I've seen some weird sized machine screws listed from time to time.   Plus, watch eBay for a transmitter that's up for auction.   

Jeff Lamb