News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Can any WE Trimline handset work with any WE Trimline base?

Started by jiimhoff, February 08, 2019, 01:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiimhoff

Can any WE Trimline handset work with any WE Trimline base?  Regardless of rotary, TT, etc?

robert_m

Generally YES, but the issue may be the connector / cord, some are hard wired, some have that odd larter plug, which once in awhile you can find the adapters to make it truly modular with todays handet jack dont remember number......I could be incorrect, but generally yes this should not be problem, the base generally only had the ringer in it, the handset had/has the network all other stuff needed for most part, other that hook switch, if were talking real trimlines not the 210 etc trimlines.......garbage after gov broke up bell.

Many here should be able to correct any misstatements I may have made.

poplar1

Trimlines were never hardwired, other than the spade-tipped end that connects to the wall. The AD1 desk base, AC1 wall base, and the 220A, 1220B, or 2220B handset were all stocked separately, as were the cords.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

robert_m

Quote from: poplar1 on February 08, 2019, 04:26:45 AM
Trimlines were never hardwired, other than the spade-tipped end that connects to the wall. The AD1 desk base, AC1 wall base, and the 220A, 1220B, or 2220B handset were all stocked separately, as were the cords.

Sorry - I didnt make that part clear thats what i was refering base to wall may of been hard wired, not base to handset, base to handset if you have the one with the bigger plug youd need that adapter, i just cannot for life of me remember the number it was.

Found one on ebay: this is the adapters......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Electric-Trimline-Modular-Adapter-Set/273669845132

?epid=14013545960&hash=item3fb7fe708c:g:a5IAOSw5E5aqqP9:rk:1:pf:0

paul-f

The adapter for the handset is coded 227D. For the base, 231B.

I didn't find good photos with a simple search, so added some photos of both handset and base adapters for reference here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=21909.0
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line