News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT K-501KSU

Started by Babybearjs, March 03, 2019, 09:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

;D well, I didn't win it, but it was the first time I saw one online.... an ITT 501A KTS. enclosed are the pics of the unit. sold for $74.00! someone was watching! was it you???
John

Key2871

That's the one I got started with, except it had a lourane power unit with ITT line cards. A old 1A intercom selector.
It came with a sandbar MOH card that worked great.
Bought it and about twenty 830 sets for $20.00 at a yard sale.
KEN

Babybearjs

are you kidding? what a deal... If I had won this, I'd probably be seeing if I could repurpose it for my 1A1 system... I've been hunting for some empty app cabinets and this is the only thing that I've come across. but, I didn't win it so I'm still forced to build custom...
John

Key2871

Well I saw that on the bay, and thought of you. It was a little high but it looked new.
But I was reading the yard sale section of the paper one day and saw the listing for business phone system, so I went the thirty miles to look for it. All I had left was twenty and I asked how much he said to make an offer, so I said twenty he was elated it was a charity event, and he was thrilled I bought it, but so was I. I couldn't get to my van fast enough to load it, I thought someone was going to talk him out of it.
I figure I got that for the twenty the phone's free, or vise versa. All the wires were cut, except the trunk, so I used that to figure how the stations get wired.
And with my butt set some jumpers and I got the 207B intercom working.
My wife couldn't believe it, but I didn't let her know I couldn't either..
The find of the year for me, until I came across a warehouse full of 1A2 for $200, the bumper on my van was dragging when I left.. that was the find of the century.
KEN

Babybearjs

Ken, keep on the lookout for the app cabinets... I'm always looking for them and they are so hard to find... I'm looking for the larger units that will hold the 200 series KTU's... The system I have is working fine, but I want everything in one box!
John

Key2871

Oh boy, good luck. Those were scraped years ago, have you looked for something else that might work instead.
You would know the dimensions more than I, so put your thinking cap on if you think of something, start looking, you never know..
KEN

Babybearjs

right now I'm using the regular rack mounting... the problem is the spacing... its a pain and I hate it because it requires me to use the vertical mounts as horizontal. and I hate that because now I have to build my own system from scratch!
John