"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Automatic Electric Starlite

Started by Craig T, February 25, 2010, 06:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

foots:

Wow! You should have warned and asked us to put shades on. Very nice.
Jorge

foots

Thank you Jorge. Both phones are in really good condition though I am considering hitting them with some Novus or other some other polish to see if I can get a finish that folks such as yourself have posted pictures of.

To keep this on topic, Dan/Panther did a fantastic job of packing the desk version. I sent very simple instructions of how to pack a phone to the E-bay seller who I got my wall version from and I was releived to find that the seller really went the extra mile with the bubble wrap. I don't think a point blank shotgun blast would have damaged it.

I have sent fragile things in the mail before wrapped/packed with disposable diapers. Those things really provide good protection.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Fine looking phones you got there Foots, very fine.  I'm not sure what a "better" picture of the desk phone would look like, looks pretty fab to me.  Great color on both!

foots

Quote from: McHeath on February 28, 2010, 11:17:20 PM
Fine looking phones you got there Foots, very fine.  I'm not sure what a "better" picture of the desk phone would look like, looks pretty fab to me.  Great color on both!

I was referring to a better  picture of the dial card/sticker.

I'm actually quite suprised at the compliments I'm getting on these 2 as I honestly didn't think anybody here was all that interested in Starlites. I got them because I like the designs and really liked the color. I'd like to get some more AE's for my collection.

Is there a model number or some other designation for the desk and wall Starlites?

foots

Thanks Stub1953, I figured there had to be some designation for these phones.