News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hi from FL

Started by Cole, August 06, 2019, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole

Yes, I can remember at my parents' previous house from 1992 there was a AT&T Trimphone on the kitchen wall in beige. My other grandmother had a white one on the wall of her kitchen too. I remember the green lighted keypad and the 3 emergency symbols fondly. She used to sit at the kitchen table and talk on it, instead of her cordless! I miss those times, and I miss her a lot lately. She passed in 2017 at 97!

Oh, I really like alarm clocks too, both old and newer. I'll get some pictures of my phones, I don't know that anyone would be too interested as none of them are really vintage and certainly not antique. I hope to change that though if I can find some!

Yeah, Goodwill never has anything older in phones. I have however gotten some nice cordless there. I do go to yard sales and estate sales sometimes, I'll have to start watching for older phones. Mostly I've been looking for other things up until now at them.

I collect vintage two prong outlets, early GFCI outlets, and some switches. Mainly I collect and really like porcelain and bakelite ceiling sockets, the bare bulb kind. I especially like the ones with pull chains as well as outlets. I have lots of these. I also like old light fixtures, especially bathroom ones. Recently I've become interested in streetlights and security lights of the mercury vapor and high pressure sodium kind. Some day I hope to have a small collection of them. They are starting to go away with the popularity of LED now. There is some discussions of lighting things on Lighting-Gallery.net might be interesting to you.