News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Final Phase!

Started by Babybearjs, August 08, 2019, 01:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, as predicted.... my telephone closet remodel is just about finished! 1 more run of 25 pair and we're done! got the 80 feet today and am waiting for the rest of the parts.... once those come in.... then all my phones will be wired and all the jacks will be home-run cabling! I'm so glad this project is done! now all I have to do is make sure the bells and signaling are working correctly!
John

RB

good job on that closet!

Key2871

Well now that all is home runs, your troubles should just go away. Good job.
KEN

Babybearjs

Thank You guys for all the help! enclosed are the final pictures. I had to make a interface for the shed phone lines. I made the mistake of using Cat5e cable for the run between the house and the shed.... if memory serves my right, I ordered some 50 foot patch cables and used them in the conduit. (cut off the ends) so I have stranded wire and solid wire... the pictures show the 44 to 66 interface I had to make on both ends... but, it works! in the gray box, it shows a 44 block on the door with the ringer above it, that's my internet connection. I had the 5th pair available, so I used it for the alarm circuit ringer (or so planned) If I ever use my 3rd line as a pots line, it will have a ringer outside! I had it on for a short while and then cancelled the service as 2 lines are more then enough for now. (cool having a 3 pair drop!) I also disconnected my C*Net service as its not rotary compatible. (those HT-701's are junk!) anyway these are the last photos of my setup...
John

Key2871

So you have termination outside the shed, and inside too??
If so, why. I would have gone from the house right inside the shed and terminated there. Less apt to be problems with so many points of termination.
Jmho.
KEN

Babybearjs

in the event the house is moved, it has a disconnect point. after all, it is a manufactured home!
John