News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Its A Boy!

Started by Babybearjs, December 10, 2019, 03:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:D well everyone! it finally happened! I've finally got me a BLUE KEY SET! lucky for me, another collector had the color change kit (kind of...) and after cleaning it up and replacing some hardware... the shell was ready to go. Had to buy the handset seperately, but its the same color. (-62) so, if I leave this baby out in the sun this next summer, the fading should go away? (the greenish tint) it worked well on my grey phone, and I hope it works the same. anyway.... I'm now the proud daddy of my first Aqua Blue 2544! (mind you its a frankenphone, since WE never made any 2544's) here are the pictures!
John

HarrySmith

A peroxide bath or chemical sanding would restore the color nicely. Looking good, nice creation.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Why the hold on line 1?
KEN

Babybearjs

Ken, it has a #588 Key assembly inside. its been changed from a ITT 2576 to a 2544. and from color code -13 to -62.
John

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

Thanks! now.... I need to find the rotary version in blue... I've seen them, but never have the money when the phones come up for sale.
John

Key2871

In blue... Good luck. I loved the rotary version in yellow. Could never find one nice enough and affordable.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, I know what you are saying... that's why I'm up for the shell only....
John

Key2871

I'm convinced there's a barn full somewhere.. But they just don't make it to the main stream.
But if they come available there going to be expensive.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, I have bids out for the red one on E-Bay right now.... but it only take $1.00 and I'm outbid!
John