News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Switch hook specs

Started by Babybearjs, December 19, 2019, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) OK everyone! here's todays issue... I just put this phone back into service and discovered that the Green/White wire contacts on the switch hook are not breaking when the phone is in the on-Hook position. the phone hangs up, but the A-lead line stays on... the base is ITT and the shell is WE. is there a specs difference between the 2 brands that would cause the plungers not the fully engage the switch? are the plungers too short for this phone, or do I need to put the white exclusion plunger back in...  what are the solutions?
John

HarrySmith

It sounds like you changed the plunger, correct? I would recommend try putting the original plunger back in and see if it works proeprly.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

I agree with Harry,
if it works, don't fix it...
If it worked, and you fixed it, and now it don't work, put it back and try again.
I dont know nuthin bout those plungers, as I dont have any like that, but it could be the whole issue.
If the switch hook is one of those that needs one set to open/close before the other, that could be your whole problem.
if not, with the cover off, look at the switch stacks, and slowly move the hook up/down and watch the contacts open and close.
you may have one bent a little.
some switches have very little travel, and it is not hard to misalign them. :)

Babybearjs

and bent it was... just a bit, but its fixed and working right now. funny how these thing happen... but, its OK now... has anyone else ever run into this with the switch hook getting out of alignment? thanks for the feedback!
John