News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I thought I was cured...

Started by Greg G., December 29, 2019, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Been about a year and a half since I stopped collecting phones and sold most of them off in "The Great Purge".
Now, a friend said he has a friend who has an old phone and wanted to know how to get it to work. 
So I just spent several hours over the last few days hunting online and getting info from other collectors on how to get the phone to work and not getting anything else done.  And it's not even one of my phones!

Alas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jim Stettler

It is part of the denial stage.....
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

I agree Jim, Briney has 11 steps to go. I think it's hopeless.
Glad to see a post from Him though.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

I have always said it is incurable!  ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 31, 2019, 07:04:29 AM
I have always said it is incurable!  ;D
I find the sickness runs in cycles. Sometimes when it is in remission, people think they are over it.
Then it kicks in again.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Owain

Quote from: Brinybay on December 29, 2019, 05:19:35 PM
Been about a year and a half since I stopped collecting phones and sold most of them off in "The Great Purge".

It's not a purge, it's a rationalisation of the collection and making space and funds available for a more focused approach.

I have only bought 3 phones this year. One was for silly sentimental reasons, one was to get an intercom system working and make a set, and one was an ivory bakelite which usually go for daft prices but was in reasonable condition and affordable.

I have however bought some books and other phone related stuff, but not more phones.

Dan/Panther

Briney,
Don't pretend you aren't reading these posts. 8)

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 31, 2019, 01:55:19 PM
Briney,
Don't pretend you aren't reading these posts. 8)

D/P

Hahaha!  Busted! 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Ha!  I was on Craigslist this morning looking at phones!  Some interesting stuff, but wouldn't have been too interested even when I was actively collecting, except maybe at the beginning when I traveled all over the region getting phones.  That was before I got married, though.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=telephones&sort=rel
- Mike Row
e