News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

208KTU finally in.....

Started by Babybearjs, February 23, 2020, 06:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) Well, I finally got the 208KTU array in.... here are some pictures of what I did....
John

RB

guitar1580

It is beyond my expertise, but definitely looks like a nice job on the installation.  Way to go!

Josh

Babybearjs

I went to start the cross connects and discovered I hadn't spaded out all my connections on the array... When I built this last summer, I ran out of spade terminals and just wrappedthe wire around the terminals to mark them... had I not looked the system would have never worked.... the wires were never stripped, just wrapped around the terminals... anyway, after finishing the wiring I started the cross connects... and discovered I had ran out of pairs for my control leads... so I got the first 3 pairs started...  stopped for now because I was getting tired of tracing wires for now. but the Battery lines are in and on.... just have to get all the indivual stations cross connected and tested.... it took me forever to hook this thing up last time.... now that its back in.... it will be a while before its all finished... but for now... the ICM is working....
John

Babybearjs

.... and after fighting with the installation, the project has been abandoned... Due to the way the wiring is in my system, I just got tired of fighting with the cross connects and the fact the every intercom extension has to have its own connection going to the 208 KTU's and the fact that the units have to be daisey chained and a TO connection has to be established.... i need to have a larger cabinet to install these units directly next to my 207 and the other KTU's. when I designed my remodel, I did NOT include the 208's into the scheme and so it was really hard for me to intergrate the KTU's.  I would get to a point where the wiring scheme would change and I had existing cross connects on terminals where the 208 Ktu's needed to be used... it got too confusing and I finally just gave up until I have a cabinet that will house all my 200 series KTU's. so they wound up back in storage until another time. I'm almost ready to pull my whole #66 block system apart to just include the basic wiring. right now some of the punchdowns are assigned to the control leads from my 207. I guess I need to Isolate my intercom circuits from the rest of my system in order to use the 208's. but in the end, I need a larger cabinet.... something that will hold a 202, 207, 3 208's, a 210 and a 212KTU. and also have room for expansion... as I do have a 211 that I can use too! so, for now... I'll just use my 207 as its installed.... I wasted too much time and energy on this idea and its time to move on....
John