News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gong positioning

Started by Babybearjs, March 31, 2020, 03:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone know which what goes where? on a ringer, C4A, does it make a difference which gong goes where? On one of my ringers the gongs are marked "A" and "B". does "A" go on the left? or are both gongs equal in resonance...?
John

Key2871

No, but I've noticed the C gong is on the left and the other is on the right. But it makes no difference since the flapper is going to either side very quickly.
KEN

Babybearjs

Thanks... I wanted to ask since alot of the manuals show the gongs being marked. its confusing...
John

Key2871

It'd BA ringers simply put one is a B and the other is an A. They are stamped as such. But can be placed on either post.
KEN

Babybearjs

John

RotoTech99

Dear Babybearjs:

Hello, I believe the eccentric gong on a WE C4A is a 55A if I recall correctly.

BTW: On your instructions for converting a 307 to CB OPERATION from CB/LB operation, I looked at my terminal board where the K and GND terminals are; There is an designation "E", but it's not fitted with fittings for a terminal screw.

My line cord shows the blue wire on BL of the 104A ind. coil; so I believe I'm looking at an 307A..

Can you please clarify the 1st step in your instructions for me? In this case, will the E terminal have to be a floating connection, or can BL be used somehow on the ind. coil? Please, let me know.

Thanks for the earlier help.

RotoTech99